CTS is devoted to helping make a difference in our communities and in the lives of our youth. If you are looking to be part of something amazing that truly makes a difference, this is it. We help save lives.
We want the next member of our growing team to wear an easy smile, be full of moxie, find joy in organizing, embrace creative solutions, pay attention to the most minute of details, and have a soft spot for helping others. You will be the go-to person for setting up training and annual events for prevention providers all over the state of Texas; you will make things happen. In return, you will learn new things, get recognized for your efforts, and have fun.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workers Assistance Program, Inc.
Coordinated Training Services Manager
Division: Training Division
Department: Coordinated Training Services (CTS)
Supervisor: CTS Program Director
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Mental Health/Substance Use, Human Services, Business Administration, or related field is preferred. Work experience in the area of administration may be substituted for education. Skills in oral & written communication, negotiation, analysis, and a demonstrated ability to be organized and detail oriented is required. 10% Overnight and/or weekend travel required as needed. Candidates should also have experience or knowledge in following areas:
- Event Planning and Coordination
- Manage the Calendar and Schedule Trainings
- Excellent customer service
- Working as a vital member of a dynamic and creative team
- Assistance with Contract administration/cost control
- Public speaking
- Invoicing and reconciliation of training costs (hotel, speaker fee, travel, per diem)
- Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS) or willingness to obtain CPS credential after hire
Under the direct supervision of the CTS Program Director, the CTS Manager will be responsible for the following:
Coordinate with Prevention Resource Centers (PRCs) and Community Coalitions (CCPs) to schedule trainings. Locate approved trainers, register events and complete all paperwork based on regional training needs. Meet or exceed training services contract measures. Also responsible for the following:
- Manage regional calendar, Commitment for Training letters, required documentation for updating training numbers
- Secure all completed paperwork after each training from the training site coordinator
- Produce monthly reports as required and/or requested
- Act as CEU (certified education unit) Coordinator
- Develop and maintain relationships with current training entities, and maintain awareness of new or unutilized training entities to maintain adequate network of training providers
- Provide administrative technical assistance to: PRCʼs, funding source, and outside organizations, regarding training/trainers
Annual Events Coordination
Make all arrangements for CTS events, including but not limited to: create promotional & marketing material, secure speakers/presenters, logistics on site, travel arrangements, vendor negotiations, registration, site location, safety/liability issues, etc. During events, overseas recruitment, training, and coordination of volunteers.
- Marketing conference events to target populations
- Identify potential attendees
- Meet or exceed attendance goals for each event
- Act as CTS rep for conferences, exhibits, and presentations.
Maintain and update CTS database. Assist in recruitment, selection and contracting approved curriculum trainers. Conduct periodic reviews of trainers and training entities, including a record review; current certification/licensure requirements met; adherence to contract.
- Verify all training affiliate credentials
- Assure that Curriculum developers forward current trainer requirements and approved trainer list annually
- Purchase Specialist duties including but not limited to flights, hotels and/or car rental when necessary
- Conduct analysis of the network, and procedures, to meet all criteria, as stipulated by contract and internal requirements
- Cross-train in other departments ie PAL® and HTS on all service functions to provide support as needed
Misc: Meet or exceed contract or deliverable objectives; Responsible for personal critical/quantified performance measures; Document all service activity in designated database, electronic calendar, and other appropriate work databases as assigned; Respond to customer request & complaints in a timely manner and document service
provided; Consistently communicate with internal stakeholders per email protocol
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth to address business needs and changing business practices.