Strengthening Families Program
03/28/2018 - 03/29/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
$50 for non HHSC funded providers
The Strengthening Families Program (SFP) involves school-aged children (6 to 16 years old) and their families in family skills training sessions. SFP uses family systems and cognitive-behavioral approaches to increase resilience and reduce risk factors for behavioral, emotional, academic, and social problems.
It builds on protective factors by:
• Improving family relationships
• Improving parenting skills
• Increasing the youth’s social and life skills
SFP offers incentives for attendance, good behavior in children, and homework completion to increase program recruitment and participation.
• Improves resilience, assets, and protective factors in children and parents
• Decreases risk factors in parents and children
• Decreases children’s behavioral problems and conduct disorders
• Improves family cohesion, communication, and organization
• Decreases family conflict and stress
7 available of 20 total